May 24, 2006

Optimization



Optimization: the procedure of procedures used to make a a system or design as effective or functional as possible. What a fantastic word!?! Doesn't it just sound great? Wouldn't you like to have everything in your life "optimized." Well, if you work in the pharmaceutical industry, you know that "optimization" is just a fancy way of saying, "Your services are no longer required by our organization. We have hired a very expensive consulting firm located on the east coast to determine just how much respiratory business there is across the country and exactly how many territories there should be in our company. Unfortunately, we regret to inform you (& yes, I do believe those are the exact word they used) your territory will no longer be in existence and therefore, you have been displaced." Isn't that just a nice way of telling someone they are no longer employed. It's like deja vu all over again.
Oh yea, the best part is, I'm expected to work through July 31 after which time I will receive my severance package. Unless, of course, there is a territory I am interested in relocating to. But, I won't have any of those details until tomorrow. What a fun way to spend a Wednesday. Happy Hump day to me!

2 comments:

mandy said...

Optimize THIS, Ivax!

megan said...

I'll show you optimization when I use what my momma gave me to kick IVAX in the shins.