Well, as you all know I am accident prone. No injuries snowboarding, no serious injuries playing basketball, but Mandy and I had the same problem judging where the ball would land, but it hit my cheek, not my eye, so IN YOUR EYE MANDY! J/K. I would guess the one that everyone really knows about is the time I was walking on a BBQ and fell. Thanks for watching me CJ. Maybe dislocating my knee cap was a good one in Miami on my way to Honduras...that was a good one that led to knee surgery. Or maybe falling down playing basketball after getting tangled up with someone during basketball tryout for BYU last year...broken finger, although Megan's break was better because she could show how AO she was to people and they couldn't get mad because of the splint on her finger. Appendicitis cannot be considered on this list, I didn't do anything stupid to deserve that.
I would have to say my all time favorite is in 7th grade. I was being smart by using less time to get from point a to point b by taking the shortest way possible, cutting through the girls gym at CMS to get to the main gym for basketball practice. Little did I know that they had swept the floor and left the dust in the middle of the floor. I hit the dust, slid into the high jump/pole vault mats kept in the gym and WHAM!! face first into a metal door jam. Mind you mom had been gone for a grand total of 5 hours. Guess how many stitches I got? You got it, 5. 1 for each hour she was gone. Dad sure had a fun time coming to get me and taking me to get stitches. I think he was more concerned with what mom was going to say AS opposed to how I was. Needless to say, I played in the basketball game that night or the next day in true Stratton fashion, bandaged up, playing through the pain. I do remember getting tripped up and going headfirst into someone's knee, right on the stitches. My coach made sure it was alright, but before going back to the bench, he told me how cool I was for playing with stitches.
Side note: Justin and Travis, do you remember the time we were helping dad with the sprinklers? The time we fixed the pipe, only to find a break less than 6 inches away? I think that would fit into the injury department for dad, but not a physical injury, but a moral injury, or even an injured pride. Which ever one it is, it was hilarious. Dad was literally two-face. Half clean, half mud, and 3 boys laughing so hard they could barely stand up. Oh the good ol' days.
I have another injury caused by my stupidity, but that one still gives dad nightmares, so it will remain off the blog.
March 26, 2008
Favorite injury....how about injuries?
Posted by Josh at 9:13 AM
Labels: my favorite injury
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell me that one later? I don't know what you're talking about...
Rolled a 4-wheeler on the 4th of July last year.
Post a Comment